The contents of the first monthly issue of ComicScene UK have been revealed.
It has 16 more pages than the launch issue 0 for only £5.99. The 80 pages includes a free pull out supplement of an exclusive chapter from Pat Mills new book on Slaine. You can win a Kindle Fire with Comichaus, there are two fantastic free posters of Wonder Woman and Slaine and it is a special issue on classic girls comics, women creators and female characters. 25 years of Vertigo and 50 years of ComicCons are also celebrated. Full contents can be found below.
WELCOME TO COMICSCENE UK
The new magazine for everyone who love comics.
You can get copies in shops, digital or mail order.
Buy direct in the U.K. for only £5.99 (incl postage), 6 Issues £35, 12 issues £68 by PayPal to PayPal.me/ComicScene (*see below for outside UK)
Or you can get it in digital worldwide for £3.99 an Issue, 6 issues £22, 12 Issues £40 by PayPal to PayPal.me/ComicScene
You can pay by credit/debit card and get a print copy posted to your door, subscribe or get a pdf digital at our online ComicScene UK shop here.(UK only)
ComicScene UK is on sale for £5.99 in all Forbidden Planet Shops, OK Comics, First Age Comics, Gnash and Gosh Comics. You can make a regular standing order at those stores. The magazine is also on sale at the Cartoon Museum in London and is available at occasional Comic Conventions. Issue 0 is available now (have a free look here ) and issue 1, due out 1st August is available to order now
*For Ireland and Europe 1 issue £9, 6 issues £54 and 12 issues £95 (incl P&P). USA, Canada and Worldwide 1 issue £12, 6 issues £72 and 12 issues £132 (incl P&P).
FORBIDDEN PLANET INTERNATIONAL – Aberdeen, Belfast, Birmingham, Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester, Middlesbrough, Nottingham, Sheffield, Stoke-On-Trent, Wolverhampton
FORBIDDEN PLANET – London Megastore, Birmingham Megastore, Bristol, Cambridge, Coventry, Croydon, Liverpool, Newcastle Megastore, Southampton Megastore
OK COMICS – Leeds
FIRST AGE COMICS – Lancaster
GOSH COMICS – London
CARTOON MUSEUM – London
MAGAZINE HEAVEN – Rushden Lakes
COMIC CONS – Check out the Time Bomb Comics table or Tripwire Table table if in attendance.
In Issue 1 the contents are;
- Why Doesn’t Someone Bring Back Eagle? by John Freeman
- Professor Peabody from Dan Dare by Richard Sheaf
- Unhidden Genders by Steve Tanner
- Vertigo at 25 by Luke Williams
- Karen Berger Interview by Joel Meadows
- Emma Beeby Mata Hari by Karl Stock
- Angels by Fred McNamara
- The Vigilant by Stephen Jewell
- Octobriana by Tim Hayes
- Minnie the Mix by Martin Dallard
- 40 years of Misty by Dr Julia Round
- Untold History of Toxic Part 2 by John McShane
- Supercats by Olivia Hicks (2000AD Sci Fi Special)
- Slaine free 8 page supplement by Pat Mills
- Cat Girl by Martin Dallard
- Doctor Who companions by Ian Wheeler
- Behind the scenes of the 2000AD Sci Fi Special by Richard Bruton
- Judge Anderson by Chris McAuley
- Fay Dalton by Chris McAuley
- Liam Sharp on Wonder Woman by Stephen Jewell
- Susie Gander by Tony Esmond
- Sarah Laing by Stephen Jewell
- Rachael Smith interview Part 1 by Richard Bruton
- Captain Scotland
- Kids from Rec Road by Peter Doree
- Marie Duval by Richard Sheaf
- Velda by Olivia Hicks
- Bella at the Bar by Chris McAuley
- Yvonne Hutton on Roy of the Rovers by Richard Sheaf
- 50 years of ComicCon by Richard Bruton
- Pat Mills Last Word on the Death of the Pink Plastic Princess – Girls Comics revisited.